Study in China from Bangladesh
Are you a Bangladeshi student interested to study in China? If yes, this is an all-in-one post you should read. In this article, we are going to explore everything related to the study in China from Bangladesh. From this post, you will know why China should be on your favorite list along with all the procedures, qualifications, and scholarship information. If you find any important information missing in all the main sections, please explore the FAQ section.
Note that, this is going to be a long post because we want to cover everything that you might need to know. Thanks for your patience while reading.
Why Should You Study in China?
“Why should I choose China as my study destination?”- if this question pops up in your mind, it’s time to get it answered. We are not emotional while we suggest you go to China from Bangladesh for study purposes. The climate, language, foods, and environment in China are way different from those of Bangladesh. However, many reasons have contributed to making China one of the most popular study destinations in the world. Let’s see some of the reasons why you should choose China to go for study:
Better Career Opportunity:
As China is expanding the business and market worldwide, the demand for people who know the Chinese language is increasing rapidly. You will be a hot cake in the Bangladeshi job market (especially in the RMG sector) if you possess efficiency in Mandarin. Your fluency in the Chinese language is an asset in this competitive job market of the country.
Apart from being selected by the Bangladeshi companies, you can also work in Chinese companies in Bangladesh and abroad with a handsome salary. As China’s economy is the second-largest in the world with a GDP of more than $10.8 trillion, you can easily find a place inside any of the renowned Chinese ventures like Huawei, Alibaba, Lenovo, and many more. Your hands-on experience in the Chinese language, lifestyle, and business will help you set your trade and thus do business with China.
The daily expenditure in the USA or Australia is extremely high. If you are going to study in one of those countries, you might need to spend about $13,000 per year. On the other hand, you just need about $1300 per year to meet the tuition fees and other daily expenses. That’s why China is very cost-effective for students.
Studying in China is not as expensive as studying in Europe and North America. You can easily afford your educational cost without selling the family properties. As the cost is not very high, many international students prefer China to get a quality education with comparatively lower expenses.
Apart from studying with self-finance, you can also avail of scholarships wavering 50% to 100% of the study cost. This opportunity will enable you to study in a relaxed mood. China offers a variety of scholarships for many countries including Bangladesh.
Adapt to the Growing World:
The world is constantly changing. How much can you cope with that? If you think you are not doing very well, China is there to help. The massive population along with the diversity of China will help you acquire experience and cope with the growing world.
You should know that the study aspirants are becoming more and more interested to study in China. In the last 10 years, the number of international students in China has skyrocketed almost double. The number of students is growing about 10 percent per year which is higher than in many other countries. And that’s why China has placed itself third in the wishlist of international students.
Apart from the opportunity to know about the civilization and culture of China, you will get the scope to discover yourself mixing with people from all parts of the world. Your knowledge of cultural diversity will be broader than ever.
Above all, if you can cope with people of such variety and diversity, there is no reason why you would miss any of the growing trends happening around the world.
The Next Big Hub of the Global Economy:
It is estimated that the eastern countries will lead the global economy by 2025 and it is China which will be at the top. The stability in the economic growth, massive production, and export of popular products have made China the “World’s Factory”. So, it is almost sure that you will not regret studying in China.
Good Ranking Universities of the World:
You might ask, “What is the position of the Chinese universities in terms of ranking?” Well, this is truly a crucial question to ask about the reputation when you choose any university for your tertiary level education. You will be glad to know that Chinese universities have started to rank atop of university rankings for the last couple of years.
If you analyze the progress of the last 5 years, you will notice that Chinese universities are getting higher in the ranking positions compared to the UK. There were only 5 Chinese universities in the World’s University Ranking of the Times Higher Education in 2011. And only after 5 years, the number has increased to 37 which exceeds Canadian and Australian universities as well.
To know more about the ranking positions of Chinese universities, you can visit the Best 115 Universities & Colleges in China.
For Bangladeshi students, funding is a very important aspect to consider when it comes to going abroad to study. Many Bangladeshi students have a lot of interest to study in China but they lack the required funds.
China wants the best brains from around the globe to go and study there. For this reason, the Chinese government and more than 270 institutions offer scholarships for about 40,000 international students per year. That’s why China has become one of the most cherished destinations for all levels of students of different social classes from around the world.
Fortunately, Bangladesh is one of those countries that can avail the chance of getting funds. CCN or China Campus Network is a consortium of 38 top-ranked universities to let the students study in China with funding. You can contact China Campus Network Bangladesh to learn more.
The Opportunity to Learn a New Language:
Do you know the name of the most spoken language on earth? No, it is not English or French, it is Mandarin. About 1.4 billion people in the world talk in the Mandarin language along with Chinese people. So, it must be a great achievement for you if you can learn it straight from those who use Mandarin as their mother tongue, right?
Yes, it is right that learning Mandarin is a challenge as this language is composed of about 3000 letters. The pronunciation of those letters is also different. However, if you can win this challenge of learning Mandarin, you will find that all the career windows will be wide open for you. Can you imagine any other country that can give you so many opportunities in your career? We don’t think so.
The Country of Mega Cities:
China has about 15 dynamic megacities throughout the country. Beijing and Shanghai are long known as the best cities for students to live in. Hangzhou city will show you beautiful lakes. You can meet the aborigines of ancient China in Kunming. And the skyscrapers of Shanghai will amaze you. Where can you find so many megacities of diverse cultures?
The Opportunity to Learn about Traditional Medicine and Martial Art:
If you are willing to learn a martial art or know about traditional medicine, China can be the best option for you to study in China from Bangladesh. There are hundreds of degrees available in China on martial arts and traditional medicines. You can master these subjects besides studying in Chinese universities. So, is there any reason for not trying?
The Chance to See the Civilizational Steps of China
With the passage of time, China has reached this stage of civilization crossing many steps. The story of the making-up of this civilization is structured in every step it has crossed throughout the centuries.
If you are one of the Bangladeshi students in China, you can hear the stories of China’s upbringing by visiting the historical places in the country. You will also have a clear idea of other civilizations in the world.
Knowing about the history of 5000 years old will enable you to understand how human evolution has taken place by the passage of time. That’s why it will be a unique experience for you if you choose China to go for studying.
From the Olympic Bird’s Nest to the Forbidden City, the Great Wall of China to the Terracotta Army, places in China will make you immensely amazed.
Easy to Get Enrolled
It is very easy to get enrolled in Chinese universities with a minimum GPA. Passing the examination is also not very tough.
High and Modern Facilities
Most of the top-ranked universities will provide you with international facilities along with modern and equipped labs for research purposes.
No Requirement for IELTS/TOEFL
IELTS or TOEFL is not mandatory for getting enrolled in all the courses. However, you have to prove your Chinese language skills (in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL score) through the HSK exam. Note that, it is not mandatory to get passed in HSK to get enrolled. It is flexible as you need to pass it anytime before you receive the graduation.
No Session Jot
If you are a Bangladeshi, you might be aware of how terrible session jot is in many universities in Bangladesh. You’ll forget about session jot when you will get yourself admitted to any Chinese university. You are sure to have a good environment to engross yourself in the study without any political hassle. The enriched libraries and vast playgrounds will help to keep your body and mind sound.
Tuition Fees in China for Bangladeshi Students
Tuition Fees vary from university to university and depend on a variety of factors such as major, scholarship percentage, university location, place of the university in the world ranking, public or private, and other aspects. Let’s see the estimated tuition fees for Bangladeshi students without any scholarship in private and public universities below.
Tuition Fees in Public Universities
As a Bangladeshi student, you might need a minimum of 2 lakh 80 thousand BDT per year which may exceed up to 8 lakh and 50 thousand BDT depending on the factors mentioned above.
Tuition Fees in Private Universities
China has a lot of top-ranked private universities along with the local campus branches of many British and American universities. The approximate tuition fees to study in these universities can start from 6 lakh and 50 thousand BDT and can reach up to 12 lakh and 50 thousand BDT depending on the ranking and quality.
Living Cost in Chinese Universities for Bangladeshi Students
One of the advantages of studying in China is low living costs. If you compare the cost of living in China with that of the USA and other European countries, you will be amazed at how affordable it is to live in a Chinese town. Let’s have a look at the accommodation, food, transportation, and other living expenses in China for Bangladeshi students.
Accommodation Cost in China for Bangladeshi Students
If you are chosen or you have decided to stay in the dormitory of the Chinese universities, it might cost you about 12 thousand BDT per month. You might require to pay about 25 thousand BDT as a security deposit if you stay at the dormitory.
Anyone can also choose to stay out of the dormitory by renting a house. Usually, a group of students takes a house together to save money. Other than the rent, you will require to pay nearly 4 thousand BDT per month for water, electricity, and gas bills.
Food Cost in China for Bangladeshi Students
If you choose to eat in the university canteen, any local shop, or fast-food chain shop, you will be billed about 80 BDT to 350 BDT for a meal.
On the other hand, if you choose to cook for yourself after buying goods from local super shops it will cost you about 10-12 thousand BDT per month. Buying and cooking by yourself is the best option if you want to save some money. You will be able to manage a bag full of fresh vegetables and fruits just within 500 BDT.
Transportation Cost in China for Bangladeshi Students
Besides being speedy and reliable, the transportation system of China is also cost-effective. Let’s have a look at how it might cost in different kinds of transports for Bangladeshi students:
- Metro: 40 BDT (estimated)
- Taxi/km: 30 BDT (estimated)
- City Bus: 25 BDT (estimated)
- Public Transport with Student Pass: 1300 BDT monthly.
Other Expenses in China for Bangladeshi Students
Apart from food, accommodation, and transportation, you will also need to manage some other expenses in China. It will cost about 2 thousand and 500 hundred BDT to 4 thousand BDT for books and other study materials for the courses. To cover the medical insurance of 6 months, you have to spend about 5 thousand BDT.
Important Information Regarding Admission to Chinese Universities
The students who go to China to study agree to the rules and regulations of Chinese governments, universities, and other authorities. Let’s have a quick look at what educational qualification and age you should have to study at any China university from Bangladesh.
Education Qualification and Age Limit
- Those who will apply for a Bachelor’s degree in China from Bangladesh should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Examination. The age of the applicants should not be more than 25 years at the time of application.
- To get enrolled in a Master’s degree in China, a candidate is required to pass a Bachelor’s degree. The candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years at the time of application. Apart from these, the candidate should manage two recommendation letters written by professors or associate professors of his or her university from where he or she has received the bachelor’s degree.
- If you are applying for a Doctoral degree, you must pass a Master’s degree and your age should be within 40 years at the time of application. Besides, you also need to collect two recommendation letters written by two professors or associate professors from your university.
Other Required Eligibility of Bangladeshi Students for Admission in China
- The applicant should not be in any way a citizen of China.
- He or she must be physically fit and sound.
- The candidate must abide by the rules and regulations of the China government and the university he or she is applying for.
- The previous academic record must be good.
- There should not be any past criminal record.
- One must show his or her expertise or skill in Mandarin by the HSK examination result. It is applicable for those degrees that are taught in Mandarin. This is to show that the candidate can study in Chinese.
- The test score of IELTS and TOEFL is required for the degrees or programs taught in the English language instead of HSK results. However, not all universities require IELTS and TOEFL. They decide on enrolling a student by evaluating his or her previous academic record.
Qualifications Required for MBBS program in China for Bangladeshi Students
- The applicant’s age for the MBBS program should be 18-25 at the time of application.
- The applicant should be physically fit and sound.
- A Bangladeshi student is required to achieve a GPA of 4.9 and higher in the HSC exam.
- One must have the financial ability to carry his study, food, accommodation, and other costs.
- The applicant should have studied biology, chemistry, physics, and English in his curriculum.
Scholarships for Studying in China for Bangladeshi Students
Like other international students, Bangladeshi students also can get a scholarship by the government of China and other scholarships offered by the study program and different consortiums of universities like CCN (China Campus Network). There are opportunities for full and partial scholarships for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Eligibility Requirement for Chinese Scholarships
- The academic result of the applicant should be exceptionally good.
- No other scholarships should be continuing while applying for a scholarship.
- Good scores in TOEFL and IELTS will be very helpful for a candidate to stand apart from the crowd.
- Engagement in co-curricular activities in the previous educational life will be a plus.
- The applicant should submit his or her updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) at the time of application.
CCN Scholarships for Bangladeshi Students
China Campus Network is a collection of 38 top-ranked Chinese universities that helps Bangladeshi students to study at the undergraduate and graduate levels in China with scholarships. CCN has 18 country offices and one of them is in Bangladesh. You have to study the programs under CCN in the Chinese language. As you will be living with the Chinese students, you will learn the Chinese language quicker.
Let’s see the whole process of enrollment in Chinese universities under CCN:
- Choose your desired study program
- Submit all the required documents (passport, certificates, mark sheets, etc.)
- Receive the offer letter issued by CCN
- Make your first payment
- Get notified of the admission
- Complete your payment on time
- Make your baggage ready, catch the flight, and arrive in China.
- Complete other formalities and start to study in China.
When you are done with your study, you will have the opportunity to work as an intern in Alibaba, Huawei, and other tech giants of China. CCN aims for developing the business and technology with the countries of the participants. Removing the language barrier is also another purpose of this scholarship.
To avail of the scholarship under CCN programs, you will be required to complete the Chinese language foundation course of 10 months. When you pass this course with a certain percentage successfully, you will be evaluated for the full scholarship for the rest of the degrees. The scholarship will continue to be renewed if you can continue your study with a certain percentage of marks in the evaluation system.
If you have achieved a score of 70% through the pathway program, you will be eligible to get a full-free scholarship for your bachelor’s or master’s degree. If you achieve a lower percentage, you will be offered partial scholarships.
Things to Know about Scholarships in China
- Some scholarships offer a full waiver in the tuition fee while some offer a half waiver only. Some scholarships also cover accommodation in dormitories without any hostel fee.
- Government scholarships cover full tuition and accommodation fees. You will also receive a handsome amount of monthly stipend to maintain other educational and living costs. You are more likely to get a government scholarship if you choose Mandarin as your language of study.
- It is easier to receive provincial and presidential scholarships.
- Recommendation letters and participation in extracurricular activities are highly valued when it comes to offering scholarships.
- No scholarship is offered for MBBS degrees in China.
Important Dates for Application in China
Fall Semester: Starts in September
Document Submission: February to July
Document Submission for Scholarship: February to May
Result Announcement: The end of July to August
Registration and the beginning of the classes: September.
Spring Semester: Starts in March
Document Submission: October to January
Document Submission for Scholarship: No scholarship is available for this semester.
Registration and the beginning of the classes: March.
Steps of Enrollment in the Universities of China
- All the information is available on the website of the individual university. You have to follow the instructions to start the application process. If you want to get information about the scholarships as a Bangladeshi student, keep an eye on the scholarship section of the secondary and higher education department of the Bangladesh government.
- Submit your certificates, scanned copies of mark sheets, passport, and other required documents within the deadline mentioned in the admission circular.
- Once your documents are received in China, you have to apply to your preferred educational institution. You will also be required to apply for the visa invitation letter. When the university authority decides to accept, they will let you know about it. They will ask you to pay the necessary fees for one year to go ahead with the process.
- Now, you have to proceed with visa processing. Perform the required medical tests and apply for the visa.
- When you have got your visa, you are to send the tuition fee and accommodation cost for 1 year in China.
- Make your luggage ready and fly to China.
- Complete the final registration in the university, residential registration, medical test, application for a resident permit, etc.
- When you have done all, you are ready to start your classes in China.
Studying in China for Bangladeshi students is a really good cost-effective action. You can get ahead with your updated knowledge in your field as you are getting taught by some of the best teachers in the world.
However, If you think that getting admitted to a Chinese scholarship is difficult for you by self-finance, we recommend you try the study programs of CCN where you will be supported with full or partial scholarship as per your qualification and performance. You can also apply for the Chinese government scholarship offered every year for international students if you want to study in China free of cost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the most common fields I can study in Chinese universities?
If you go to China from Bangladesh, you can easily get enrolled in diploma courses, civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, BBA, B.A, aeronautical engineering, MBBS, and many more core subjects. However, getting enrolled in MBBS courses is pretty difficult and expensive for Bangladeshi students.
Can I do jobs in China?
Yes, you can do any job as per your qualification and expertise in China when you are done with the study. The procedure of the jobs in the provinces and universities is fair. You will be recruited if you meet the qualification required for the job. However, when it comes to doing part-time jobs, many universities and provinces do not see it as legal. Still, many students manage to do jobs or business.
What is the medium of instruction or study language in China?
You can study in China in both English and Mandarin. Mandarin is generally the medium of instruction for diploma courses. English courses are not so common here. You can complete your honors, master’s, and Ph.D. in Mandarin or English.
Most of the Chinese universities now evaluate the English proficiency score (IELTS/TOEFL score) for the students who come from abroad. The minimum score most of the universities accept in IELTS is 6.0 or a 6.0+ band score. However, this can be compromised if your profile is an outstanding one. In that case, you might need to sit for a small proficiency test at the university.
And the applicants who are interested to study in China in the Mandarin language should complete HSK-5 before obtaining the graduation degree. According to the new rule, those who will study in English have to complete HSK-4. This will enable the students to join in jobs in China. On top of that, the door of career opportunity will be wide open.
However, you should not get worried or fear HSK-4. You can even complete it within 6 months if you are sincere and serious.
What are the best universities in China to study for international students?
China has a long list of top-ranked universities. Here are some of them:
- Anhui University of Technology
- Fudan University
- Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Sichuan University
- Beijing Normal University
- Beihua University
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- Jiangsu University
- China University of Petroleum
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Nanjing Agricultural University
- Southern Medical University
- University of International Business and Economics, etc.
What are the benefits of studying in China for Bangladeshi students?
Studying in China for Bangladeshi students is quite affordable and it is one of the best options to follow for several reasons:
- It is not costly for most Bangladeshis
- Good opportunity for future career
- Scholarships and stipend available
- High-quality education
- Friendly environment
- Low-living cost, etc.
Is it mandatory to know Chinese to study in China?
You will find a few courses taught in English. But, most of the courses available for international students who are willing to get scholarships are taught in Chinese. You will get a preference for admission and scholarships if you have a good grasp of the Chinese language.
As a Bangladeshi, you can learn Chinese from the Institute of Modern Language, Dhaka University within your budget. Many students are doing certificate courses and diploma courses in Chinese to study in China with scholarships. You will get ahead of the applicants if you have proficiency in Chinese.
Most of the advanced degrees in China require you to have an HSK certificate. You might need to study the Chinese language for 1 or 2 years before you can start with the main degree courses. However, you will be exempted from the course if you have the HSK certificate.
What are the available scholarships for Bangladeshi students in China?
You can apply for a variety of scholarships in China. Here are the 5 most common scholarships for Bangladeshi students:
- Chinese Government Scholarship (Tuition fee waiver + accommodation fee waiver + monthly stipend for other costs)
- Presidential/University Scholarships (Tuition fee waiver- full/partial/conditional)
- Local Government/Provincial Scholarships (Full tuition fee waiver + accommodation fee waiver)
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- Enterprise Scholarships.
What are the features of the Chinese government scholarship? How can I apply for it?
Chinese Government offers the best scholarship opportunity for Bangladeshi students. This scholarship takes more than 100 students per year from Bangladesh. Chinese government scholarships offer you to study at good-ranked universities without any tuition fee and hostel fee. On top of that, the successful candidate receives an amount of 3,000 Yuan stipend per month for masters, and 3,500 Yuan for Ph.D. scholars.
You can apply for this scholarship from the Secondary and higher education department of Bangladesh finding the scholarship notice and instructions under the scholarship section. However, you can also apply through direct communication with the faculty members.
How can I maintain my scholarship in China?
If you are serious about continuing your study, you can easily maintain the conditions of the scholarship. You might need to maintain a consistent mark of about 60% to 80% (varies from university to university and the type of scholarship) to continue the scholarships. However, you must ensure 90% of attendance in almost all universities. And no excuses are accepted for this.
You can achieve good marks if you concentrate on the class and respond. About 30% to 50% of the marks depend on class performance.
Can I get the list of required documents I should make ready for admission in China from Bangladesh?
Here is a list of documents you should keep ready while you have intended to study in China from Bangladesh:
- Passport/Information page of the passport.
- Digital image of passport size.
- Notary copy for the academic certificate.
- Notary copy for academic transcript.
- Study plan (at least 1000 words)
- Two recommendation letters were written and signed by professors or associate professors.
- Health report by a registered physician.
- Certificate of English proficiency or IELTS/TOEFL score.
- Police Clearance.
- Published academic or thesis paper.
- Introductory video of 2-3 minutes (max size of 5 MB).
- Work experience certificate (if available).
- CV (updated)
As a Bangladeshi student, can I complete my MBBS degree from China?
There are more than 1000 universities in China. Most of those universities maintain a global standard in teaching and research. The problem is that not all Chinese universities accept international students. And again, some universities accept international students, but it is tough for Bangladeshis to get enrolled in MBBS courses.
If a Bangladeshi student wishes to study MBBS in China, then he or she needs to take a permission letter from Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC). And the MBBS degree will be valid in Bangladesh only if somebody studies from any of the BMDC approved universities of China. The list of approved universities is generally updated per year by BMDC. You can practice as a doctor in Bangladesh only if you pass an exam taken by BMDC when you come back after MBBS
What are the offered programs of China Campus Network (CCN)?
China Campus Network (CCN) is the consortium of 38 top-ranked universities of China that lets you study in China with a tuition waiver, free accommodation, and even a monthly stipend if you are qualified. Note that, the medium of instruction in CCN universities in Mandarin and you are to stay with Chinese students to speed up learning the language. Here are the study programs CCN offers for you:
- Bachelor Programs: International students with good past academic records are welcome to get enrolled in the Bachelor’s program with scholarships. You can get admitted to the arts and humanities, business, science, and engineering fields.
- Masters Programs: Students can easily get enrolled in top-ranked universities of China under quota to study specialized and industry-focused Master’s programs.
- GET Programs: Established by Alibaba Group, the GET Program helps the students get trained from the reputed universities and training institutions of the world to bring about a digital revolution.
- Foundation Program: IFP or International Foundation Program is designed by CCN to prepare the students for the next stage of their study. It has 12 dedicated IFP centers for this program.
Can I study in China for free?
If you get a full tuition waiver, accommodation cost waiver, and monthly stipend from your scholarship, you do not need any cost to study in China.
Is studying in China safe for international students?
Yes, China is a quite safe country to study for international students.
Can I study in China in English?
There are a few courses that are usually taken in English. However, most of the courses are generally taken in Mandarin and that’s why good language proficiency in Mandarin will be required. If you want to study in China with a scholarship, your proficiency in the Chinese language is mandatory.
Is there any fully-funded scholarship available in China for 2020?
The Chinese government offers fully-funded scholarships for bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. programs every year. So, you can also get it in 2020 and the years that follow.
Is it possible to get enrolled in engineering courses in China for Bangladeshi students?
As it is possible with the other courses, it is also possible to study engineering courses in China for any Bangladeshi student with a science background and good academic score.
Can I study any diploma course in China from Bangladesh?
Of course, you can. Along with bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. courses, China also offers diploma courses for Bangladeshi students.